Tuesday, 18 October 2016

Wonderful Wednesday #3: Bittersweet

As I vowed to do last week, it is now Tuesday evening as I write this post. Yay me.

While this blog is all about the Wonderful, I am afraid it is heavy with sadness this week. I cannot escape it as today I lost a very, very, dear person in my life who will be forever carved into my heart. As I spend the next few hours, days, weeks, months, years mourning but also remembering all the wonderful times I had with this person, I must keep focused on the now and repeat to myself that all is not lost.

This week is also bittersweet, as the title suggests, because on the same day as I lost this person, I celebrated an anniversary of having found the man I hope to spend the rest of my life with. All of the wonderful this week could easily about him and our celebrations, but I have tried hard to pinpoint the other things.

So, on with the wonderful.

☆ Laughter. There really is nothing better than a good hearty laugh until your eyes water. I went to the Comedy Store with The Boy as part of our celebration and it did not disappoint. I have been there before and a similar comedy club, but he has never been. I have seen acts who barely raised a snigger from me, but each of the acts we saw on Saturday night - in their own ways - were laugh out loud funny.

☆ People watching. Like that scene out of Love Actually, where you see clips of people greeting loved ones at the airport, The Boy and I spent about an hour at London Victoria on Sunday morning, while waiting for a train home, watching people. There was a ruckus by the gates which was very exciting, and there were plenty of people with questionable taste in clothing (who am I to judge?), plus a very nervous looking dog with owner to highlight a few.

☆ Human beings. I think there is a lot wrong in the world right now, but I have seen so much kindness in the last 24 hours from those close and those whom I have barely spoken to more than once that it helps me keep the faith that all is not lost for us.

☆ The Boy. Because, well, he is wonderful.

I am sorry for the tone of this week's post; it's not quite what it should be. I contemplated not posting at all, but I wanted to write something, even if it is not quite fulfilling the brief. I hope you have all found the wonderful this week and if not, well, that's OK too.

1 comment:

  1. Sending you so much love, LT. Do let me know if I can do anything at all.

    And I am so so pleased that you had a wonderful weekend with the Boy :) Make sure you take some time for yourselves over the next few days, weeks, months... You have to keep looking after yourself, lovely one xx

    ReplyDelete