Wednesday, 14 December 2016

Wonderful Wednesday #8

It's that time of the week again, hump day. After lunchtime it will be all downhill to the weekend. (Although I confess I am writing this on Tuesday while eating my breakfast - it's the only time I've got to do it!)

It's been such a busy week this week that I can't quite believe we're here again. My weekend was spent packing up my things and moving out of The Boy's house back to the Mum's house and helping him pack up his house. Who knew after 2 years of living in a place you'd have so much stuff to take to the tip? That's him, not me, btw...

Anyway, it's another sad time for me in the most saddest of years, so I must hold on to the littlest sparkles of Wonderful. Let's do this...

☆ That sky I know other's have mentioned the wonderfulness of wintery skies, but I had time to notice, contemplate and drink in the lovely colours out of the living room windows. I'll miss living in the true countryside as opposed to just about on the edge of it. That said, when I come to join The Boy in Cornwall I'm sure there will be plenty of beauty to look at.


☆ Bucks Fizz I was given a bottle of champagne when I left my last job in October 2015. It had been in The Boy's fridge since Christmas as we planned to drink it on New Year's Eve, but we didn't get around to it. As I was packing I came across it and the label says it could be kept in a cellar for up to a year. So, there was nothing else for it but to drink it on Sunday evening mixed with orange juice, marvelling in the delights of bucks fizz. Is it an 80s thing or is it still a thing now?! I may revive it in my household, but not with actual champagne though!

☆ Making presents In a waft of sadness, I had a lightbulb moment on Sunday evening. I would make up a lickle photo of The Boy and I for us each in identical frames to keep by our bedsides, for those nights that we are apart. A bit sickly sweet, but I quickly ordered 2 prints of a favourite photo of us together, which I collected on Monday and bought a couple of little frames. I presented them in the evening and they went down a treat. I think it's that kind of gift that is sometimes so much nicer to give and to receive.

☆ The Beginning I know I'm dwelling quite a lot on The Boy's moving this week, but frankly it's a bloody big deal. I've had a tough year and he's been the most amazing rock to me, and now I'm losing him. Sort of. It's that "sort of" that I must focus on, and see it as the beginning of a new adventure. Once the dust settles, we'll be saving money to buy our very own house down where he's moving to and I will need to start job hunting. Making that big a move and for me working in a turbulent sector means that I can reassess my whole career. I can try diversifying and doing something completely new (if someone would employ me...).  On the one hand this new beginning is sad, but it's also a teeny little bit exciting.

☆ Creamy strawberry yoghurt One last random one for me now. Given that I was eating my breakfast as I was writing this, I thought I'd add that a lovely yummy scrummy creamy strawberry yoghurt really goes down a treat in my tum.

I think that's enough for this week. Breakfast is over and it's time to crack on with the day. The Boy's removals van has turned up a day early so I'm just glad I'm not in his shoes this morning with a house to pack up that's not ready! Eek!

See you next week!

2 comments:

  1. We're planning to have Bucks Fizz on Christmas morning - it's definitely not a thing of the past!
    I'm so proud of you for managing to focus on the happy times with the year you've had...but as sad as this little goodbye to your boy is, it sounds like you have something so very special to work towards together. Definitely focus on that :) And I LOVE the photograph idea, super cute xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knew I could be so romantic... 😄😉

      Delete