Wednesday, 12 October 2016

Wonderful Wednesday #2

Here we are again, hump day!

I'm making a note to myself in my bullet journal (eh, Catherine?!) that I must try and do this on a Tuesday night. Week 2 and I'm in my lunch hour trying to get it done so that it can be read on the day it is intended for.

These are a few of the highlights of my week that I'd otherwise take for granted...

☆ Mischievous babies. I went to a 5 year-old's birthday party at the weekend, which is usually enough to give me a headache for the rest of the day. However, a highlight was catching sight of a Daddy attempting to keep control his 6-month-old. This lickle munchkin, with big blue eyes and an even bigger toothless grin, kept me giggling as he made various escape attempts, risking life and limb by crawling at warp speed under the tramping feet of a herd of 5 year-olds on the dancefloor...

☆ Autumn walks in the countryside. I used to live in Uxbridge and the best thing about that was escaping merely 3 miles away from London to find big expanses of woodland and countryside. However, it still couldn't beat the "true" countryside of home - that is, Kent. Went to Trosley Country Park for a Sunday afternoon stroll and it was just so lovely. The views were stunning even though we did get ourselves lost following unmaintained public footpaths.... Here's a couple of pictures I took:

 




☆ Clean sheets and pyjamas. Another thing I did at the weekend was buy a new set of bedding. I didn't really need any, I just felt like buying some as mine are a few years old now. On Monday after work I rushed home to wash and tumble them then - yes - iron them (a one-off, first-time use thing - I'm not that organised!) and created my new look bed. Shower, clean pyjamas and I'm a happy little sleeper!

☆ Not to mention the hot water bottle... Yep, added to the fresh sheets was my hot water bottle. I know we aren't into proper winter yet, but there's nothing quite like being cosy. When you're used to spending half the time with a human hot water bottle in bed, it's nice to make up for it on those nights he is absent!

☆ Bloggin'.  I am very much a novice of this writing blogs malarkey. I've only ever really done it for work and each one takes hours - crazy - for fear of getting the law wrong or something horrendous like that. I found myself this week noting down the little highlights for using in this blog and it helps spread the joy through the week. It's fun... but I could do with a little help. How do I make my blog look as Wonderful as Wednesdays??? I've got a background picture so far...

So that's a little insight into my week. Well, OK, mainly my weekend, but still - that's where the joy lives.

How about yours?


1 comment:

  1. Nothing beats clean sheets and PJs! Particularly on a Sunday night (although to be fair, I need as much help as I can get on a Sunday night so I'd be adding some chocolate and a good book to that list). Really loved the image of the Dad trying to wrestle his wee baby - I'm sure he just wanted to get out onto the dance floor!

    Hope you've had a lovely weekend :) C x

    ReplyDelete