Tuesday, 6 December 2016

Wonderful Wednesday #7

Hello my lovelies, it's been a few weeks of doom and gloom in my lickle world, so I've not felt like posting. In fact I'd considered stopping the blog completely. Still doomy and gloomy, but I realised that trying to find some Wonderful could help left the spirits.

2016 has not been my year and I am on a countdown to 2017 when I'm hoping I can turn the corner, with some exciting changes afoot. Hoping it will bring plenty of Wonderful to my Wednesdays. For the moment, though, here's just a few snippets from some glimmers I have seen of late...

On with the Wonderful!

☆ Christmas tree  Yep, the obligatory Christmas tree excitement. I helped my Mum with hers on Sunday, while raising a glass to the Dear One we lost recently, on his birthday no less. Christmas can help sooth many a wounded spirit. It helped put a smile on my Mum's face, so my work there was a success..


☆ Home gym I "inherited" a cross-trainer from a friend some months ago, which has been languishing in The Boy's spare room. It started out fairly well used, but then soon enough became a bit of a clothes horse. Now he's moving, I've got it back at my Mum's ready for me to move back in in a couple of weeks. I've dusted off my dumbbells and Pilates mat and created an exercise space that will leave me no excuse to get back my health and fitness in 2017.


☆ Catch ups with friends I have a lovely dear friend who I used to work with then lived with for a time, who has a strong accent (I know at least one of my followers will know who I mean) and she can talk for England. I mean that in a nice way. So it was lovely to catch up with her over dinner in the last few days. I updated her on my woes and she updated me on hers (so to speak). Hugs and red wine aplenty. 

☆ Trollied Since Only Fools and Horses disappeared from our screens, there's rarely been a British sitcom that I've found so appealing. That was until The Boy introduced me to Trollied. I finished watching all of them quite a few months ago but a new series came on a few weeks back. It's the kind of comedy that doesn't make you feel uncomfortable or embarrassed, and isn't just silly slapstick. I really like it - it's a hidden gem!

☆ Fresh coffee Another item I inherited, from my Mum some years back this time, was a coffee machine. Quite a simple one, but it has become well-used at The Boy's house of late. Weekend mornings brewing a fresh pot of coffee - Bill's coffee in fact - has become a habit and I now can't seem to go without. I have always been a tea drinker through and through - so rare was it that coffee even passed my lips - but The Boy has shown me the merits of a lazy Sunday morning coffee.

☆ Making plans The Boy's move takes him 250 miles away from me and now that it's only a week away, it's making me increasingly sad. I actively encouraged him to make the move as long-term it will be best for him and all involved. However, it doesn't mean that I actually want him to go. I fully intend on following him down there, but the timing is all dependent on what I decide to do about my career and how easy it ends up actually getting a job, together with how long it takes for us to save to get a Real Live Mortgage. I love organising things, so planning all of this makes me happy, if a little bit apprehensive. In the meantime, we have been planning weekends I will go down there, weekends we will take away, and all the other little things we can do to ease the pain that distance will create.

I think that may be about it for now. My struggle to find those precious sparkles of Wonderful has been a success, methinks.  Do let me know yours and I can draw out the Wonderful for the rest of the week...

Until next time, my pretties...

1 comment:

  1. The wonderfulness in a week can be found even in the smallest of things. I always find I feel so much better after writing my list. Welcome to the gang!
    That Christmas tree is so impressive. I love it's smple light decorations. Catch ups are the best and Chhristmas is a perfect time to get together with everyone. I'm so looking forward to getting back home to catch up with everyone.
    Have a lovely rest of your week
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete