Tuesday, 20 December 2016

Wonderful Wednesday #9

Well hello there, on this Wonderful Wednesday morning.

It is a particularly Wonderful one today, too, despite it being dark and dreary, as I finish work at lunchtime today for a whole 2 weeks off! It's not even that kind of break where you wonder what might be happening on your files and what other people are doing on them, as the whole office is fully closed and locked up until the New Year! 

I remember when I started this job just over a year ago and I felt that the annual leave entitlement was a little bit stingy... but then I discovered we get a full 2 week break at Christmas without needing to hold back any leave. That's not too shabby is it?

So... without further ado, on with the Wonderful!

✩ Tiny dancers. I had a whistle-stop tour down to the South Coast on Saturday to visit my oldest friend and her 5 year-old. It was the day of her dance exams, so most of the time was spent sitting waiting, but it did take me back to my youf when I was - I know this may surprise some of you - a very elegant little ballerina. She does ballet, tap and acro (I think that's acrobatic dance, but haven't the heart to ask - you know, they talk about it like everyone knows what it is so you feel silly for not knowing) and she got a little trophy after each one and was awarded honours in all 3. The cutest!

✩ Prosecco and Chinese takeaway.  An interesting combination, no? It was more the surprise element of it, to be honest, with the romantic candles and plastic cutlery, that did it for me. The Boy was back at the weekend briefly to finish cleaning up his house and we spent Saturday night sleeping on my inflatable mattress in his (now old) bedroom. I zipped back from the Coast, met him at a local country club where he was seeing a friend for a goodbye drink, then we got back to the house and he surprised me with the Last Supper.

✩ My own bed. I do miss the Boy now that he's gone, of course, but there was that little bit of me that was excited about getting back into my own bed.

That's about all I've got this week, I'm afraid. It's flown by again and I didn't prepare in advance like I usually do! Share with me your Wonderful...

This is my last post until 2017 now, because I'm off busying myself with the festivities here, there and everywhere, and I want to concentrate on sending off a most unforgiving year and making sure it ends on a relative high... Have absolutely fabulous Christmases and New Years', you lovely lot!

1 comment:

  1. Prosecco and Chinese?! That is a brave combination! I'm glad you survived to tell the tale! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas, Miss T! Looking forward to seeing you in the New Year! C xx

    ReplyDelete